Sometimes my turtles are not active at all. They appearing floating on surface, not even moving subtle. I generally change water in that case.
But I also think that not giving them proper open air, Sunlight also making them in-active. I am not sure, is it really an issue? If yes, I will make bask every in shaded light near window everyday. If No, how should I handle this situation?
Edit: Added more info.
- Light source in aquarium - CFL 8 Watts, only 1
- Aquarium size = 24X36x24.5. Gravel at the bottom of aquarium and some plastic flowers for looks. They like sit on them also. I don't how they do but they can spend hours sitting on them.
- Filter - Two submersible filters. They generally like to sit on top of filter :). Maybe they want to get close to the CFL attached on top of Aquarium.
- One Air bubble maker - Air stone strip, so that mosquitoes can't sit on surface and lay eggs.
- What kind of turtle - I dont know but you can see pictures in my other question here Red flesh coming out my turtle's tail