I'm in the process of designing a new vivarium for a bearded dragon that I'm going to get in the future. I'm intending on building this from scratch out of high-quality materials (I'm an engineer so I know what I'm doing).
From my reading I've determined the following design requirements:
- Dimensions of at least 2 x 1 x 0.6 m.
- Must have a hot-end of roughly 37 °C.
- Must have a cold-end of roughly 26 °C.
- Must have a night-time temperature of about 21 °C.
- Must have a UVB source during the day.
- Must have hides and climbing spots.
- Humidity of around 20% is ideal.
I'm thinking of connecting all of the sensors/heaters/bulbs/misters to an STM32 board and having them all automatically controlled and maybe adding a few cameras as well so I can watch him when I'm away.
My question is thus: are my requirements correct and is there anything that I've forgotten?