My cat keeps eating centipedes! He was rescued on the street and remains an outdoor cat and occasional hunter. Indoors I've seen him eat centipedes more than once and each time I wonder if I should intervene or how much I should worry about it.
I keep an eye on him afterwards and both times I've seen it, he acts normal...though each time he seems to have a little hard time chewing it up, seemingly swallowing it ASAP instead!
Aren't centipedes poisonous? Looks like these kinds: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scutigera_coleoptrata He's a pretty tough cat, at 18lbs. and not far from feral, so it seems he's fine. Are centipedes in general dangerous for cats?