While this might sound weird, I take the opposite approach to spiders as most people I know. While poisonous, they are extremely beneficial and help keep down insect and bug populations.
While spraying Bug Barrier outside of my house to prevent the invading hordes of boxelder and asian lady beetles from entering my house, I came close to directly hitting a hobo spider.
I don't think it took a direct hit, but I did move it to a nearby tree to further limit its exposure. I figured moving it away from the treated area and leaving it alone would be best. It is climbing the tree but moving a little slow. I'm wondering if there's any treatments for these scenarios where a spider is exposed to poison?
As for why I'm spraying, I can't live with hordes of boxelder and asian beetles swarming in my house over the winter like I'm in a Hitchcock movie. It does really get that bad; I am not exaggerating. I do try to be cognizant of what I'm spraying so I can give the non-pests, like spiders, a fighting chance. If I see them before I spray, I move them. But I don't necessarily know where they'll be. For pet owners, the preventative answer would be "move the spider before spraying or don't spray near it", but accidents do happen, and someone out there might be helped by this question.
While this particular hobo spider is not technically a pet, people do keep them as pets. Surprisingly, there is no information on the Internet on how to treat a spider exposed to poison.