I've heard some people say to add some salt to a freshwater aquarium to help keeping my fish healthy. Is there any basis for this claim?
Some background on my tank:
20 gallon long freshwater planted aquarium with gravel substrate, a few rocks, a large piece of wood and an Emperor 400 for filtration. My fish include 8 platies (they reproduced), 1 balloon molly (two died, which is sad), 8 tetras, a lot of cherry shrimps, 3 amano shrimps, 4 African dwarf frogs and a few dwarf crayfish. I'm thinking of adding a vampire crab and a small dry zone for it.