Around an hour ago I came down stairs to find my Male and Female(Siblin's) Lhasa Apso (aged around 7 months old) "locked" / "Tied" together, My female is currently in heat and although we are ensuring they are supervised as much as possible on this occasion they were not being watched.
Myself and my partner ensured they remained calm as we allowed them to become unlocked.
We are now in a situation which I am unfamiliar with and I was hoping for some feedback/advice on the following:
1) I have read that pregnancy in young dogs carries increased complications and raises the risk of fatality considerably, this obviously is something we want to prevent, I presume our decision to not continue the pregnancy is the only option in preventing these risks?
2) I am unsure how long they were locked, although we suspect only 3-4 mins before we found them and then an additional 10 mins while we were holding them waiting for him to unlock, are the chances of pregnancy decreased by this lower duration?
3) I have looked into an injection branded(in the UK) MisMate (Alizin) does anyone have any experience with this? I heard its success rate is close to 100% if administered early(22 days)
4) I have also read that it is possible to get Her spayed during pregnancy causing it to be ended, However I heard it also carries increased risk? I Presume she can't be spayed while still in season, won't she be close to due date by the time she is able to be spayed?
Does anyone else have any other advice? We consider ourself good dog owners, The male dog is in fact booked in to be neutered on Monday! We wish to protect both the dogs from as much risk to health as possible.
Thanks in advanced.