I believe my dog has an allergy related to food.
She's 1.5 yrs old, and is an Australian Labradoodle (lab, poodle, cocker & english spaniel mix)
Backstory: she sometimes vomits bile; she will have episodes of rapid snorting and occasional coughing. This has been going on for at least 6 months in cycle. Parasites, kennel cough, etc. all ruled out. The vet thought it might be an overproduction of stomach acid - indigestion. We treated for that (pepcid), which helped some, but did not remove all symptoms. Multiple days in a row, she vomited after consuming a dental treat bone. This leads me to believe that she is actually having an allergic reaction to a food ingredient, which is leading to the above symptoms.
With a potential food allergy, how do I narrow down what it is?
I'll look at the ingredients in the dental treat, but from there how do I determine further.
Additionally, she is a picky eater, refusing to eat some foods (sounds like a cat) and has had these bouts of vomiting etc for the last 6 months or so. Originally, I thought it was due to food, so we tested different foods with her. She would do fine, and then it would start back up again.
Any suggestions or insight would be helpful.