I have two cats, both 10 year old males, same litter. One has been recently diagnosed with small cell lymphoma (but is in remission and doing well); however, he's been getting extra attention from it (trips to vet/hospital, meds, etc.). Also, he's more outgoing in getting attention. His brother is less demanding of attention, but is getting jealous. I try to give him attention, but for the most part he will run off when his brother comes. Is there a way to get him the attention he deserves, without upsetting him?
Requested behavior descriptions:
- Hissing when his brother is back from vet/hospital (I know this is normal)
- Giving cold shoulder to his brother when they are near
- Attacking his brother more often than before
- Leaving when his brother gets near
- Glaring at me when I give his brother attention