2

So this morning I was having breakfast with bread and honey, and apparently a drop of honey fell over the table. My little kitten saw the opportunity and jump over the table and "licked" the drop of honey.

I wonder if I should be worried about the botulism caused by Clostridium botulinum spores, given that the drop was quite small.

The vet isn't answering the phone and I would like to know if I should be doing something else!

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: So the vet told me that if the kitten is healthy, and the quantity ingested was rather small, it shouldn't be a problem, and in his own words: "it's rather rare, and there should be a concatenation of unlikely event for something to happen".

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.