I have two male cats, both are stray which decided to live in my house this past year. one cat is less than a year, 10 months perhaps, and other is probably older than 2 years, both are not neutered yet.
i want to neuter them, but I'm scared with the risks.
I'm scared because I had a cat suspected with FIP before they came. They have been exposed with the FIP cat for 2 months, but they never share litter box.
Now the FIP cat had been gone for three months already, and the other two cats are still healthy and active. I want them to be neuter, but I'm afraid the stress caused by neuter surgery will lead them to develop FIP, according to many articles, spaying/neutering is included as stressor that might lead to coronavirus mutation.
Since we are in pandemic era of covid-19, is it possible that might be FCoV also in outbreak? I have seen another cat near my house that has developed the same nervous system symptom of FIP.
I wonder if i should delay or never neuter my cat at all.
I know i might be sounds overstretched and paranoid, but it's true, I'm really scared, that's why i put the question here.
I live in a country where testing body titer of certain virus in cat is available for public due to the lack of development of veterinary