Late last night, I noticed ich on my neons. I bought medicine, but before I added it I noticed that it was not suitable for frogs and snails. I had some de-chlorinated water handy, so I dumped the frogs and snail in a vase with the water for the night.
Today, I have bought a new, larger tank. I want to put the frog and snails in there while the fish are being treated. When the fish are done being treated, I will move them to the larger tank as well.
However, right now I have two frogs and a snail in uncycled water. How can I safely and quickly establish the new tank?
- I have a neighbor with a goldfish, I could borrow some water, but don't know what might be in their tank.
- I have bacteria supplement from top fin, but I think that only has the nitrite eating bacteria, not the ammonia eating bacteria.
- Maybe I just need to go buy a instant starter from the pet store, but am not sure if I am overreacting.
Thanks for the help