I've two cats, male and female. They are twins, 2 years old, half Bengal and half Siamese. They are sterilized.
The female is very nice. Never annoying anyone. The male always tries to keep attention, often scratching furniture, etc.
At sleep time, they are allowed to come in our bedroom. But most of time, the male does not allow the female to come with us. He acts as if it is his territory. Even if I try to get her with us, she won't stay.
So the little one is often alone and I'm quite sure she lacks proximity with us.
Globally, the male appears to be the dominant one and I'd like to moderate that, so things can be more equilibrate between them.
What can I do about that? How to understand what they respectively really feel?
Thanks for any advice.
- The cats are indoor only
- We live at fifth floor and going outside is dangerous but we could give them about 60m² outside (but they could go everywhere on the roofs around, included in other apartments, so they could be trapped or they could fall)
- Everyday, we (my wife and I) spend about an hour and half dedicated to the cats
- We work at home. The cats are rarely alone
- They have about 100m² inside + Hicat tower (floor to ceiling tower, climbable and scratchable) so they can climb and play "vertically"
- Please ask any additional question needed so that I can have a solution or orientation