I am a first time owner of a puppy. I have recently taken him to the vet and today the vet called telling me he has a parasite in his poo. The vet told me that he is going to give him a powder. I was wondering if there something else I should be doing. He is currently being trained to poo in one spot (not working so far since he does it everywhere). There are also two kids in the house and they play on the carpet and floor where the dog sometimes poos. I was wondering does the parasite spread? Any advice would be really appreciated.