My female dog keeps peeing inside at night, always at the same spot, in the middle of the living room, 2 meters from her own bed. I don't understand why and here are some detail of the context :
- 2 years old, ~17Kg, healthy
- Rescue dog, comes from Romania where the pound has probably been tough with her. Been transferred to an animal shelter here in France when she was 1 year old.
- Very fearful, any sound or sudden move can make her scamper away.
- Not aggressive, not dominant (humans nor dogs).
- Has been with me for only 4 months.
Note : She pooped/peed inside the first weeks at home, but then she stopped for months. It's been 3/4 weeks since she started peeing inside again. I've tried to take her out at 22H00 until I actually see her peeing, then reward her, then empty her bowl of water before going to sleep. When I wake up at 07H00 : she did it again.
Any advise from behaviorists ?
UPDATE Last night I tried to make her sleep inside our room. I saw that technique on Youtube (dogs don't pee if it's too close from where they sleep). It worked so I am probably going to keep it that way for a few weeks. I'll keep you posted.