My cat is very sweet to people; she never claws, smacks, or hisses.
I thought she was the sweetest thing in existence, until some additional animals moved into our house.
A Bengal breed cat now lives with us; he has seemingly been in love with my cat since first sight; though, she does not seem to have the same interest in him.
When the two cats meet in a common area, they will both seem very excited to see each other.
- First they will sniff each other's butts.
- Then the male Bengal cat will sweetly groom her (in areas she likes people to scratch her)
- Next she'll groom the male back.
- Then he'll groom her again...
- But then my female will smack him in the face and hiss without any signs of being agitated before hand.
The male cat is very sensitive, and for the first few weeks, would just sit there shocked that she had smacked him. However, eventually, he started attacking her back... this is very concerning as he is twice her size.
Why is my cat being so "sassy"?
It has been more than 3 months at this point; how can I get my cat to not be so rude and stop picking fights that should be obvious to her that she can't win?
Female is small domestic short hair, 6-10 years old
Male is large well breed Bengal, 3 years old
Both cats are indoor only, and very spoiled
Female despite being very sweet (to people) is quite plotting and manipulative, which makes me think she might have some ulterior motive?
Both cats are fixed