I have 2 rabbits, and in the winter they become so full of static that I can't even pet them without a giving/receiving a static shock.
Using a humidifier helps a great deal. Yet, even with relative humidity at 50%, static shocks begin after just a few strokes across their back.
While this isn't surprising as rabbit hair is one of the most positively charged natural substances on earth, it's quite annoying as the discharge is usually to the rabbits' ears or nose, or to my face. I'd love to find another way to combat it that won't harm my rabbits.
Are there any natural and safe-to-eat anti-static treatments?
Am I correct to assume that dryer sheets, diluted fabric softener, and/or anti-static salon products are too toxic to use on a pet?