May be you are not giving him enough attention and he is feeling neglected.
Also it can be that he is some sort of medical condition and in pain and is confused. So he is asking for your attention as to what's wrong with him. For this reason, at first take the cat to vet to rule out any underlying medical condition.
You can also yourself check whether cat has ticks on fur. Ticks give quite irritation to cats.
Next try to channel out your cats excessive energy by doing the following -
- Set up cat tree
- Put elevated objects near windows so the cat can watch birds
- Buy him a scratching pad
- Buy him toy mouse and other toys
- Buy a laser torch and use it to make the cat run behind laser light on walls
Also try some cognitive therapy -
- Try playing with the cat for some time everyday
- Keep the play schedule same everyday
- While playing if the cat bites freeze instantly and don't respond. Again start playing only when biting stops.
- Give the cat food at a specific schedule each day
- You can also keep some treats handy, don't react when cat does anything you don't like and reward him with treats when he behaves well
You should also make sure to scoop the litter box twice daily and do a complete cleaning every 10 days.