Around 30-40 mins ago I changed aquarium water, cleaned the filter and dropped some toya food for my turtles. Now I am seeing water turned red, I have already checked there are no cuts, bites or bruises on turtles.
What could be the reason, why water is red? Is this infection? Could it effect me also because I changed water with my hands, w/o any gloves, using buckets.
- The source of the new water is city Supply = tap water = hard water. Its the same source of supply from past 9 years for them. Touchwood! There growth is pretty good.
- I change the water whenever I see that the water is too cloudy due to food, I change the water, approx in every 20-30 days.
- I have been feeding same food for a pretty long time. It always seemed that they like it because the moment I drop the food they grab it like they are hungry from ages.
- I do not use anything for dechlorination. Looks like I don't need dechlorination. They are going w/o it.
- I Did not use one or employ other techniques such as ageing my water.