I've tried googling online about what you do with the body and who you contact, but i haven't gotten clear answers.
What to do you after a cat dies? Who do you contact and what happens to the body?
Pets Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for pet owners, caretakers, breeders, veterinarians, and trainers. It only takes a minute to sign up.Sign up to join this community
Your veterinary hospital will have the resources to proceed with disposing a body. They can either provide you contact information or take your pet and register him with them for you.
There are a few options:
1) If bi-laws permit, bury him in your back yard (3-4 feet deep minimum).
2) Common burial - this will be done by the cremation service in your area.
3) Common Cremation - Cremated with other pets, no ashes will be returned.
4) Private Cremation - expensive, cremated alone and ashes will be returned.
5) Pet Cemetery - usually done by the cremation service.