I have a 4 feet by 6 feet hole newly introduced on one of my walls. This wall in particular, separates the foyer and the drawing rooms in my house. I have mentally worked out a plan to use this hole for a couple of needs, such as placing my TV, and some books may be. Now, I have a left out space of 3.5 feet by 3 feet (thickness of the wall is 1 feet including the projection slabs) where I think it is appropriate to place a planted aquarium. Here is a representational image of what I'm planning to do. The blue box is the proposed aquarium.
Notice that, there will be view from both sides of the aquarium.
Here is the view from the other angle.
The approximate measurement of the aquarium will be 106h X 95w X 30d (all in centimetres).
I have no experience whatsoever in this domain. So I would like expert opinion on the following questions.
- How viable is such a project? (Alternate opinions also welcome)
- Is it possible to build this tank leak proof and without additional structural support given the large height requirement?
- How difficult and practical it is to build a double sided aquarium?
- How costly this project will be approx? (I'm living in India)
- My plan is to put very tiny fishes, in small numbers (like 3-4 guppies). What species should I look for?