My cat Rosie (female, age 8) likes to drink out of our swimming pool. This has apparently been going on for a while, but I just found out yesterday.
Given the following:
- She prefers to drink water from a specific area of the pool, one that happens to not be near the filter or the water jets.
- There is no ladder or stepwell in the pool (we just climb out from the shallow end).
- There is a mount for a ladder, but it's not near where Rosie drinks water.
- The pool liner is brand-new and the water is clean.
- I don't know what we use to treat the water (but I can find out).
- Rosie is perfectly healthy.
I have these questions:
- Will the pool water give our cat any health problems?
- If Rosie falls in, will she be able to get out?
- If she falls in, can she damage our pool liner?