I have been through this too: Some cats chew cables, others tear up your furniture, and others are pretty well behaved by human standards and just play with their toys and always use scratching posts.
Like having a baby, and baby-proofing your home, you should cat-proof our home:
1) Remove poisonous plants.
2) Don't leave medications around like loose tablets.
3) Secure delicate / valuable items that the cat may knock over and break.
4) Don't leave razor-sharp knives out on counters etc.
5) Don't leave human food around that the cat may lick / eat. Note: Some cats like to put their paws into your drinking glasses when you are not looking.
6) Use spill-resistant sports bottles, or cap your water bottles between sips. There are also cup holders you can mount on your desktop. These are easy to DIY as well.
7) Put away small corded items like ear buds, headsets, and phone charging cables when not in use.
8) Larger computer cables, and power cables can be protected with plastic or metal sheaths you can buy that cover them. e.g. cable cladding, cable raceways, cable protectors, conduit.
9) Stay away from your cat when wearing expensive clothes.
10) Put away small valuable jewelry items.
11) Blankets can be thrown over couch backs and arms where the cat likes to scratch.
12) Place tablecloths or heavy vinyl-coated fabrics on top of flat wood surfaces that you don't want scratched over time as the cat jumps on them.
13) A cat falling into the bathtub while you are bathing may result in serious injury... to you.
14) Avoid having high perches above where you sleep / sit. A 10 lb cat jumping 4 or more feet down onto you may result in injury... to you.
My cat Ody has taken to laying on top of our warm pizza boxes. Doing this he crushes the lid damaging the pizza within. Hiding the pizza box works but then we have to get up from our meal every time we want another slice. Putting large light weight objects on top of the box is working for now but he is starting to figure out they can be moved. I am still working on a solution for this one.