I found a rabbit on the side of a trail in the woods. Clearly domesticated. Possibly released. While I wait for replies to rescue organizations and Craigslist replies from the owner (and if no reply, decide if I'll keep or give away), what should I be doing?
- I bought some hay and food and a "chew stick" and gave it a cushioned cat bed in a corner.
- I placed cardboard on the floor around that area
- I've petted it. While petting, I found two tiny ticks and removed them. I also saw two fleas. I did not see any other critters. Is this indicative of an infestation, or is it likely just a few that were picked up while it was outside?
- I placed an unplugged cord nearby and it sniffed but did not chew it
- I'm now letting it run around and explore the house.
- Is there anything above I shouldn't be doing?
- Is there anything else I should be doing?